Top 5 Dads in SciFi June 16, 2007Posted by showmescifi in Adama, Darth Vader, fathers day, Jor El, Kyle Reese, sarek, Sci Fi, science fiction, sciencefiction, scifi.
In Honor of Father’s day…here is ShowMeSciFi’s list of the top 5 dads is SciFi
1) Darth Vader – Could there be any other first choice? Who hasn’t recited the line “Luke I am Your Father ” at least once?
2) Sarek – father of Spock (Star Trek). Sarek made his fair share of appearances in Star Trek episodes and his influence on Spock cannot be understated.
3) William (Bill) Adama – Admiral of the Colonial Fleet (Battlestar Galactica) and father of Lee ‘Apollo’ Adama. In the new BSG series as was the case in the old the father son relationship is never far.
4) Kyle Reese – Father of John Conner Leader of the Human Resistance (Terminator).
Perhaps the weirdest Father/Son relationship. John Conner of course (thanks to time travel) actually sends his own father back in time in order to impregnate his mother (Sarah Conner) so that he could exist.
5) Jor-El – Father of Kal-El better known as Superman. Were it not for Jor-El, Superman would have never made it off Krypton (and Marlon Brando rocks!).